Whatsapp callers suddenly hear echo on their end only

Anonymous
2025-01-31T23:27:39+00:00

After working fine for a couple of years, now whatsapp desktop is a problem - but not for me, for the person on the other end, who hears a full echo of everything they say.

I don't hear any echo. And, when I try the same call on my mobile instead of desktop, no problem.

This is recent, only the past 10 days or so.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T04:42:25+00:00

    thanks for gave an answer but know what we do next?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-25T19:58:35+00:00

    I have the same issue consistent with the timeframe and environment that everyone else has mentioned. There is clearly a bug introduced that WhatsApp is ignoring.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-25T18:21:22+00:00

    Yes, I have the same problem. I am installing a version from December, it is fine. I contacted whatspp for this, no answer. By the way, the old version is forcing me to update, after a while. How can I overcome this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-24T22:50:17+00:00

    Hi all, same problem here, echo with whatsapp ... try the solution for downgrade app but whatsapp force the upgrade to lastest version ... (French Version on latest Windows 11), hope the dev could fix it quick.

    If you even would like to use whatsapp, it's work fine with my headphone ... no echo at the other side (i'm using professional Seenheiser EPOS headphones) didn't try with bluetooth headphone.

    Good luck

    Vince

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-24T13:44:36+00:00

    Hi Maxsims, yes eventually my  version 2.2450.6.0 that was working fine was forced to update to the latest version. As you say it now will not install without forcing an update.

    I believe the issue to be associated with a small number of very specific PC set ups, but finding the common culprit will be difficult. The latest version is fine on my Android set ups and it is fine on my laptop and another W10 PC. I think only the developers at WhatsApp will know what was changed that could effect such a limited number of users.

    Not sure where we go from here, I am temporarily using Zoom, but would like to get back to WhatsApp.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments