Me too! extremely annoying and it's recent. Same: Desktop only and without headsets.
Whatsapp callers suddenly hear echo on their end only
After working fine for a couple of years, now whatsapp desktop is a problem - but not for me, for the person on the other end, who hears a full echo of everything they say.
I don't hear any echo. And, when I try the same call on my mobile instead of desktop, no problem.
This is recent, only the past 10 days or so.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-03-18T13:48:01+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-03-16T23:00:48+00:00 I have the same issue, on a Macbook Pro M4 and on Adroid. Caller at other end does not have any problems
-
Anonymous
2025-03-16T14:01:04+00:00 Well, for the record, this issue affects my Microsoft Surface laptop 4 using Windows 10 Pro
and my Dell Latitude 5490 using Windows 11 Pro.I installed WhatsApp PC from the Microsoft Store
version 2.2508.5.0 on the former on 02Mar2025 and
version 2.2509.4.0 on the latter on 14Mar2025.Michael
-
Anonymous
2025-03-12T19:22:14+00:00 I this could help I have the same problem, but I found that the problem only exist if I use a second audio device, for example if I listen and talk via an headset with mic and at the same time I send some audio to my default audio device (the monitor speakers). Very extravagant is that if I do not send anything the echo stops and then immediately come back if I play some music for instance. Also if I play in muted from media player, the problem is not what you are listening but if you are sending some signal.
Just an assumption but it seems like some voice cancellation issue that goes crazy when you use multiple audio output.
-
Anonymous
2025-02-27T10:30:58+00:00 Exactly the same for me too!