Subject: Audio Feedback/Echo Issue on WhatsApp for Windows – Ongoing Problem After Updates
Hi everyone,
As previously reported, I’m still experiencing the audio feedback/echo issue when using WhatsApp on my PC, which started after updating to Version 2.2502.3.0. The remote contact hears an echo, which wasn’t a problem before the update.
I initially had some success by rolling back to Version 2.2447.5.0 (from Dec 6th, 2024), which resolved the issue temporarily. However, WhatsApp now flags that version as expired and forces an update to the latest version.
I’ve reported this to WhatsApp a couple of times, but unfortunately, they’ve closed the tickets without providing any useful guidance. It appears this issue may be related to incompatibility between recent updates and certain Windows setups, as everything works fine on my other Windows devices.
I’ve also tried the newly released Version 2.2509.4.0, but sadly, the issue persists.
For now, I’ve resorted to using Zoom on my PC as a temporary workaround, but I’d much prefer to resolve this problem with WhatsApp.
Has anyone found a solution or an effective workaround? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!