So, there's at least two of us experiencing this! And down to the last detail, it seems - as the issue does not replicate if I use my mobile/headset.
Whatsapp callers suddenly hear echo on their end only
After working fine for a couple of years, now whatsapp desktop is a problem - but not for me, for the person on the other end, who hears a full echo of everything they say.
I don't hear any echo. And, when I try the same call on my mobile instead of desktop, no problem.
This is recent, only the past 10 days or so.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-02-01T23:07:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-02-01T10:33:13+00:00 Hi i have the same problem, but it's weirdly enough only on whatsapp. Even when i am in a group call with my friends they all hear the echo from themselfs, but not me. I tried on discord and there was no problem at all. But, the echo only comes when i call with speakers, because i tried with heaphones and they also work just fine, So it is just on whatsapp and calling with speakers with one or more persons causes an echo for the person calling with me. I have this problem for a while now and i would appreciate it if know how to stop it.
-
Francisco Montilla 30,715 Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-02-01T02:54:14+00:00 Hi Michael,
I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to help you.
I'm going to need a bit of extra information. Are you using a headset? or speakers?
Also, does this problem happen in a call with other apps such as Microsoft Teams, Skype, Telegram, Discord...?