Whatsapp callers suddenly hear echo on their end only

Anonymous
2025-01-31T23:27:39+00:00

After working fine for a couple of years, now whatsapp desktop is a problem - but not for me, for the person on the other end, who hears a full echo of everything they say.

I don't hear any echo. And, when I try the same call on my mobile instead of desktop, no problem.

This is recent, only the past 10 days or so.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-06T07:40:37+00:00

    I'm having this issue as well. Using the same headset on mobile phone is fine. However, on laptop, the other party will experience echos.

    Desperate for a solution!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-30T13:56:56+00:00

    resolving echo issues on what's app group video calls

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-20T19:10:31+00:00

    This is a WhatsApp issue. Version 2.2502.3.0 was released in Jan 20th and had this bug. I rolled back to 2.2447.5.0 from Dec 6th and there's no echo back down to the caller. WhatsApp latest release 2.2504.2.0 released on Feb 3rd still has this bug. I've tried contacting WhatsApp support but can't get a human response, just the auto generated AI answers which hasn't been of any use.

    Hope this helps someone.

    I just tried downgrading but found it didn't work for me because WhatsApp doesn't support 2.2447.5.0 anymore. What I got was a message that I need to update... [Windows 10 as of 4-20-2025]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-20T18:27:35+00:00

    still happening with 2.2515.7.0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-19T00:27:18+00:00

    That's what has happened to me as well. This problem has been around for a while now.

    It looks as though WHatsApp is not taking it very seriously.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments