Whatsapp callers suddenly hear echo on their end only

Anonymous
2025-01-31T23:27:39+00:00

After working fine for a couple of years, now whatsapp desktop is a problem - but not for me, for the person on the other end, who hears a full echo of everything they say.

I don't hear any echo. And, when I try the same call on my mobile instead of desktop, no problem.

This is recent, only the past 10 days or so.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-01T10:22:09+00:00

    THE SOLUTION

    Guys, this worked for me!

    Go to:

    Settings

    Installed Apps

    Wattsap.

    In the 3 dots select Advanced Options.

    In the Reset category choose the Repair option

    DONE!

    Problem Solved!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-31T11:32:31+00:00

    Same problem here, also started around January.

    Both on Video and Audio call.

    No issues on Microsoft Teams, Skype, Telegram, Discord.

    Problem persists with different microphones -even directional ones which are not supposed to pick up audio beind the microphone.

    Problem persists even after reinstalling WhatsApp.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-08T23:15:33+00:00

    They don't seem to care (or possibly, even know) about this issue.
    I am now switching to Signal but it will take a while to migrate everyone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-18T18:14:04+00:00

    After working fine for a couple of years, now whatsapp desktop is a problem - but not for me, for the person on the other end, who hears a full echo of everything they say.

    I don't hear any echo. And, when I try the same call on my mobile instead of desktop, no problem.

    This is recent, only the past 10 days or so.

    I am experiencing the same problem. Where can I vote to prioritize this issue ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T04:42:25+00:00

    thanks for gave an answer but know what we do next?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments