Glad to help.
Best regards.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, my pc has been giving me BSOD like 10 times a day for the past 10 or more days because of corrupted files or ram issues (I'm not sure), I tried checking for the drive integrity and this came out:
"Error Checking (Windows (C:)
Repair this drive
Windows found errors on this drive that need to be repaired. Close this dialog box, and then repair the drive."
So out of curiosity I tried doing the same to my other drive and came out with the same issue. How do I fix this? Do I need to reset my PC? Do I have to buy a new drive? Or do I need to perform a fresh install of windows 11?
Bsod errors I've been getting:
KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
And other I can't remember now
They usually happen when I start my PC, and I'll get 5 or 10 of them one after the other before my PC starts working "properly"
After I manage I get through the bsod errors my PC seems to run just fine for some time before giving me more errors (usually 3-4 hours)
I can provide dump files if explained how to do so
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Glad to help.
Best regards.
Hi David, sorry if I'm texting you this late, i can't seem to be able to boot from the drive, i can't find the exact key to press when bootinh my pc, google says f8 but it's not working, maybe i'm just doing it wrong, is there a way to make my pc automatically boot from the drive? because i really can't do it this way
Edit: I managed to do it, the hotkey was f9 but I need to free up some space in the drive to reinstall windows 11, and my computer won't let me log in again because of too many crashes.
So now I have to wait 2 hours and try again, also, do you recommend downloads windows 11 on the same drive as it was before (the one that gave issues) or my other drive? I'd rather keep the other drive for my personal stuff and not windows files, but if I have to I guess I have no other choice
Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.
See the official HP article at the link below that explains in detail about booting using USB installation media on HP devices. The article mentions Windows 10, but the process is the same for Windows 11.
https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/tech-takes/how-to...
As for the space to install Windows 11, the Microsoft article I suggested has details on how to do this. See step 8
When you reach the step "Select location to install Windows 11", you must highlight each partition on Disk X (X is the number of the disk where Windows is installed) in the list and select "Delete".
(You have to check if Windows is actually on Disk 0. If Windows is on Disk 1, for example, then you should do this for Disk 1.)
When the the confirmation screen appears, select "OK".
Do this for every partition in the list except the one that says "Unallocated Space".
After doing this with all the partitions, only "Disk X Unallocated Space" should remain.
Then, Select "Next" to start the installation.
If you are unable to identify whether Windows is installed on Disk 0, 1, etc., share a screenshot, and I will help you identify it.
Feel free to ask back any questions. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
________________________________________________________
Standard Disclaimer: There is a link to a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Hi David, I'm in class right now and cannot access my PC, I will try and update you in about an hour
From what I've seen yesterday before my PC locked me out, when I have to select which drive I'm gonna install windows on there are multiple options, I'm not sure what they said but one was named something like "windows" and something else that had to do with the number 0.
Like I said earlier, I will try and update you later, I'm probably gonna provide you some pictures of my screen so that you can help me understand better
I already have an idea of how it is displayed to you. But since it is different on each computer, sharing some pictures will help me give you more details.
Don't worry, I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
Feel free to ask back any questions.