Possible broken drive keeps crashing my pc, how do I fix this? Is it corrupted or physically broken?

Anonymous
2025-01-15T19:39:38+00:00

Hi, my pc has been giving me BSOD like 10 times a day for the past 10 or more days because of corrupted files or ram issues (I'm not sure), I tried checking for the drive integrity and this came out:

"Error Checking (Windows (C:)

Repair this drive

Windows found errors on this drive that need to be repaired. Close this dialog box, and then repair the drive."

So out of curiosity I tried doing the same to my other drive and came out with the same issue. How do I fix this? Do I need to reset my PC? Do I have to buy a new drive? Or do I need to perform a fresh install of windows 11?

Bsod errors I've been getting:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

And other I can't remember now

They usually happen when I start my PC, and I'll get 5 or 10 of them one after the other before my PC starts working "properly"

After I manage I get through the bsod errors my PC seems to run just fine for some time before giving me more errors (usually 3-4 hours)

I can provide dump files if explained how to do so

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-01-20T13:18:53+00:00

Glad to help.

Best regards.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-16T18:58:38+00:00

    No problems were detected on the disks.

    In that case, I'm afraid the behaviors you're experiencing are being caused by severe corruption in Windows.

    Are there any objections to performing a clean install of Windows?

    Clean Installing Windows will remove all data stored on the system. Therefore, you will need to back up your personal files on an external drive or cloud storage service.

    I'm considering suggesting you do this because blue screen problems don't survive a clean install unless the problem is caused by hardware.

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T18:40:58+00:00

    here's the screenshot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-16T18:30:47+00:00

    See if you can run Crystal Disk Info in safe mode.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win...

    In the "Startup settings" step press F4.

    Let me know the result. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T18:25:35+00:00

    hi David, i can't download crystal disk because my pc keeps crashing and the extraction of the zip file takes an insanely long amount of time

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments