Possible broken drive keeps crashing my pc, how do I fix this? Is it corrupted or physically broken?

Anonymous
2025-01-15T19:39:38+00:00

Hi, my pc has been giving me BSOD like 10 times a day for the past 10 or more days because of corrupted files or ram issues (I'm not sure), I tried checking for the drive integrity and this came out:

"Error Checking (Windows (C:)

Repair this drive

Windows found errors on this drive that need to be repaired. Close this dialog box, and then repair the drive."

So out of curiosity I tried doing the same to my other drive and came out with the same issue. How do I fix this? Do I need to reset my PC? Do I have to buy a new drive? Or do I need to perform a fresh install of windows 11?

Bsod errors I've been getting:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

And other I can't remember now

They usually happen when I start my PC, and I'll get 5 or 10 of them one after the other before my PC starts working "properly"

After I manage I get through the bsod errors my PC seems to run just fine for some time before giving me more errors (usually 3-4 hours)

I can provide dump files if explained how to do so

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-01-20T13:18:53+00:00

Glad to help.

Best regards.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T18:57:21+00:00

    Hi David, I just tried installing it on another drive and it still gave me an error

    Is it safe to assume that my PC needs to go through a technician to get the issue fixed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-17T18:47:13+00:00

    Unfortunately, I can't remotely pinpoint where the problem is. Crystal Disk Info didn't detect any problems, but there could still be a problem with the drive. There are some problems that Crystal Disk Info cannot detect.

    However, the problem could also be with the motherboard or other hardware.

    Only a physical analysis of the device can determine exactly where the problem is.

    Feel free to try installing Windows on the other drive. But make a backup of any important files stored on the other drive that you don't want to lose.

    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T18:27:55+00:00

    Hi David, I tried two more times and it still gave me the error

    By hardware problem you mean that my drive is broken right? Do you think it's repairable or should I just buy a new one?

    Also can I install windows 11 on another drive in the meantime then?

    If I can't use this one then maybe the other one might work no?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-17T17:54:03+00:00

    Try at least one more time.

    If the problem occurs again, this confirms that there is a hardware problem with your PC.

    Feel free to ask back any questions. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments