How did you reinstalled your Windows? Was it a clean install from the iso flash drive, or a factory reset from settings?
Activation Error: 0x80072EE2
Can't activate windows, use microsoft store nor use the "Get help" app because of Error: 0x80072ee2.
I've tried a ton of solutions and spent around 7 hours trying to solve it. Even tried doing a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 3 TIMES and apply the solutions again, yet no results.
I can provide proof of what solutions I used (youtube videos and microsoft community) if needed (I would post a screenshot here but it doesn't let me as a big sad face appears with the text "not found").
I was able to get all my windows updates though, which seems to be different from some people's issue since this error affects their windows updates aswell.
A few of the sites from which I tried solutions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-0x80072ee2/8a57d23c-45a8-41fe-82df-c026ae357a56 (microsoft community)
https://youtu.be/5ak6zJmUJqU?si=mXkLXJi_3U66u2SI (youtube https://youtu.be/sdhKPGHRbvo?si=kkVzt16s1m822IzK videos)
Please help me. I'm out of options and don't know any other method of doing it
I want to be atleast able to activate my Windows 10 Pro. If that issue is solved atleast, then I'm satisfied,
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Licensing and activation
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2025-01-02T16:38:01+00:00 My first reinstall was through a factory reset from the settings with using Cloud and then the issue appeared.
After some researching and trying multiple solutions my last resort was to do a clean install with my flash drive.
Done the researching and attempt at solving my problems again but no results.
Clean installed and going through the same proccess one more time but again no result.And in my last attempt I tried doing, once again, a clean install without an internet connection (because I thought: hey, maybe that's the issue and it somehow works.) but no, same result.
Some context: In the first sentence I'm saying the issue appeared because before any reinstaliing or anything, the error was still present, but Windows was activated.
-
EmilyS726 270.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-01-02T16:42:10+00:00 Is the key currently being used on a different device? Where did you get your iso? Did you create via Windows media creation tool?
-
Anonymous
2025-01-02T17:07:42+00:00 I don't know how to respond to the first question since I don't know where the key was bought from, I just received it from the man that sold me the PC (No, he didn't try to send me a false key and even if he did, I could just get another one for myself, but that's not the problem).
My USB flash drive is from an official store (Media galaxy) which I bought fresh from the store (not online) packed and all the nice and legit stuff.
Yes, Windows was installed with the Windows media creation tools.
-
EmilyS726 270.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-01-02T17:12:17+00:00 I am not worried about the flash drive itself, just want to make sure you got the image from Microsoft.
As you have done a clean install, it cannot be an image issue and I don't think it is a network issue either.
That narrows down to the key - the history and context of this key is very minimum, which is the limitation here for a thorough troubleshooting. Have you ever had the chance prior to all of this to verify the type of the key by using slmgr /dlv command?