How did you reinstalled your Windows? Was it a clean install from the iso flash drive, or a factory reset from settings?
Activation Error: 0x80072EE2
Can't activate windows, use microsoft store nor use the "Get help" app because of Error: 0x80072ee2.
I've tried a ton of solutions and spent around 7 hours trying to solve it. Even tried doing a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 3 TIMES and apply the solutions again, yet no results.
I can provide proof of what solutions I used (youtube videos and microsoft community) if needed (I would post a screenshot here but it doesn't let me as a big sad face appears with the text "not found").
I was able to get all my windows updates though, which seems to be different from some people's issue since this error affects their windows updates aswell.
A few of the sites from which I tried solutions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-0x80072ee2/8a57d23c-45a8-41fe-82df-c026ae357a56 (microsoft community)
https://youtu.be/5ak6zJmUJqU?si=mXkLXJi_3U66u2SI (youtube https://youtu.be/sdhKPGHRbvo?si=kkVzt16s1m822IzK videos)
Please help me. I'm out of options and don't know any other method of doing it
I want to be atleast able to activate my Windows 10 Pro. If that issue is solved atleast, then I'm satisfied,
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Licensing and activation
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-01-02T16:22:01+00:00 -
EmilyS726 270.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-01-02T16:08:36+00:00 3V66T is the last 5 of the generic key, so if it is not activated, it means the system doesn't have a key at all.
Since you have a key, have you ever tried going to Settings > System > Activation > Change product key and input there?
-
Anonymous
2025-01-02T15:39:21+00:00 Yes, it is.
-
EmilyS726 270.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-01-02T15:30:51+00:00 Is the partial key 3V66T?