Activation Error: 0x80072EE2

Anonymous
2025-01-01T15:10:43+00:00

Can't activate windows, use microsoft store nor use the "Get help" app because of Error: 0x80072ee2.

I've tried a ton of solutions and spent around 7 hours trying to solve it. Even tried doing a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 3 TIMES and apply the solutions again, yet no results.

I can provide proof of what solutions I used (youtube videos and microsoft community) if needed (I would post a screenshot here but it doesn't let me as a big sad face appears with the text "not found").
I was able to get all my windows updates though, which seems to be different from some people's issue since this error affects their windows updates aswell.

A few of the sites from which I tried solutions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-0x80072ee2/8a57d23c-45a8-41fe-82df-c026ae357a56 (microsoft community)

https://youtu.be/5ak6zJmUJqU?si=mXkLXJi_3U66u2SI (youtube https://youtu.be/sdhKPGHRbvo?si=kkVzt16s1m822IzK  videos)

Please help me. I'm out of options and don't know any other method of doing it

I want to be atleast able to activate my Windows 10 Pro. If that issue is solved atleast, then I'm satisfied,

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Licensing and activation

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T22:35:02+00:00

    I understand ma'am but the thing is not only the activation, it's this whole error 0x80072ee2 that needs to be solved, and the Get Help doesn't work aswell. It says "We can't access it at the moment, try again later" which is most likely to this error.

    Like the error itself means I can't connect to the Windows servers for some reason.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. EmilyS726 270.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-02T22:25:52+00:00

    I honestly don't know what else you can do unless you can try another legitimate license. That's really the one piece of the puzzle here.

    If possible, see if you can get a hold of the previous owner, ask for license purchase proof. With this proof, you can contact support via Get Help app. Often times they would agree to give you a replacement key, or worst scenario, a key at discount price.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T22:23:20+00:00

    Yes, I did. I know windows can do some weird stuff if all the partitions r not deleted.

    And I'm using Microsoft Account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. EmilyS726 270.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-02T22:13:59+00:00

    During clean install, did you delete every single partition ?

    What account are you using now? Local or Microsoft account?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T21:27:35+00:00

    Yes ma'am. that's what I'm saying,

    That's what I meant to say with this screenshot. Even before trying to do anything on windows, after the fresh clean install, I still get the error which doesn't let me do anything (Windows store update, Activation, and whatever else I could do with Windows' services)/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments