Why am i receiving Phone link messages that i send?

Anonymous
2025-01-05T23:58:53+00:00

When i send messages through Phone Link, they get sent, but i also get them back as a received message that i have sent to myself, both in the app and on my phone. This just started happening for no apparent reason.

***moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / Unknown / Other***

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-05T21:47:35+00:00

    Same here. Samsung S23 using Google messaging.

    Really annoying - I just don't use Phone Link as much because I can't reply to group messages without this happening.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T00:30:10+00:00

    When texting or receiving texts phone link makes a new group chat and sends a text to myself?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T00:43:48+00:00

    The issue has come back twice for me since my visit to Geek Squad. Both times, I restarted my laptop and my phone, and then phonlink worked fine again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T18:55:26+00:00

    I am having the same issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-09T00:04:39+00:00

    Yes most annoying that you can't prevent phonelink from updating back to the version that is causing the problems. I installed a previous version of phone link 1.24101.60.0 and all was well until I restarted windows.....it auto updated the phonelink version on re-estart and the problem appears again.. There appears no way to prevent this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments