Why am i receiving Phone link messages that i send?

Anonymous
2025-01-05T23:58:53+00:00

When i send messages through Phone Link, they get sent, but i also get them back as a received message that i have sent to myself, both in the app and on my phone. This just started happening for no apparent reason.

***moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / Unknown / Other***

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T02:34:25+00:00

    Dear Jonathon Bates,

    Hello! Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

    I understand you are having issues with the Phone Link app. It looks like you are receiving duplicates of messages you sent. I understand and I will do my best to help.

    Please check your app version, is it up to date? This could be a problem with a specific version of Phone Link. It could also be a problem with the latest version of the app. We haven't identified the issue yet. But there have been a lot of issues with the Phone Link app lately.

    If you are on the latest version and have this issue, I would recommend trying an older version of the app to see if it has the same issue.

    Go to the website hereand type in the following link, you should see a lot of different versions of the install package, select the older version to download.

    https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9nmpj99vjbwv?rtc=1&hl=en-US&gl=en

    Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it. 

    In addition, we sincerely recommend that you report the problem to Microsoft. Press "WIN + F" to open the Feedback Center. You can describe the problem in detail with pictures. Your feedback can help Microsoft better understand the problem. Thank you for your understanding!

    If you have any progress, please let me know at any time.

    Best Wishes

    Pyke.D | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T16:36:02+00:00

    I am having the same problem. I followed your directions, Pyke. Thank you. However, I have no idea what to do with the results.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T20:22:36+00:00

    I'm also experiencing the same issue, and I'm certain it's on Microsoft's end through whatever update they pushed out and not on our end as every Microsoft Agent's response often make it out to be. I hope it gets resolved soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-28T09:35:46+00:00

    Yes been broken for a few months now, have moved to the google message app but it isn't as good as Phone Link used to be :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-28T23:05:31+00:00

    The problem is when I sent a text message, the phone link makes a new group include I and the person I send, and I received a text I just sent to myself. I have tried many methods, but it did not work. Eventually, I uninstall phone link and stopped using phone-link app on my cellphone. After that, all the text message I sent through my cellphone came back to normal.

    My question is why that issue happens? and how to solve it?

    Note: Before the phone link apps were useful for me to text people while I was working on desktop. But recently, it became an annoying App for me . I was worried if my message could be sent end up to wrong person.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments