Why am i receiving Phone link messages that i send?

Anonymous
2025-01-05T23:58:53+00:00

When i send messages through Phone Link, they get sent, but i also get them back as a received message that i have sent to myself, both in the app and on my phone. This just started happening for no apparent reason.

***moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / Unknown / Other***

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-18T12:03:45+00:00

    I installed an older version, but when I open the Phone Link App, it is saying I need to update to the latest version to continue? How to fix this? Since I am facing the old issue of when I send a message, it sends message to myself and that is why I want to use old version??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-18T02:53:23+00:00

    Same problem here, typical Microsoft, leave us all in the dark, I really enjoyed Phone Link, this makes is unusable.

    Please fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T02:16:09+00:00

    The phone link does not easy to use. A lot of confuse steps to set it up. And now, It becomes annoying for users. Microsoft should fix the issue soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-09T00:08:04+00:00

    That does work Pyke....but then how do you stop the phonelink app updating (back to the problem version) when you restart your PC?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-09T00:04:39+00:00

    Yes most annoying that you can't prevent phonelink from updating back to the version that is causing the problems. I installed a previous version of phone link 1.24101.60.0 and all was well until I restarted windows.....it auto updated the phonelink version on re-estart and the problem appears again.. There appears no way to prevent this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments