Blue screen of death with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION code

Anonymous
2025-02-25T22:25:27+00:00

Everytime I get on my pc I have around 1-2 minutes before it gives me the blue screen of death and says system service exception and says that iocbios2.sys failed so my pc is basically unusable since every 1-2 minutes it goes into the blue screen and turns back on.

It doesn’t make any sense since I have a msi motherboard so I can’t even use intel XTU and I haven’t changed anything in my bios overclocking utility

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-02-27T02:23:40+00:00

I'm glad to help you!

If you wish, you can click "Yes" or "No" below the answer that provided the helpful solution. This way, any user who finds this thread with similar issues will also find the steps to resolve the issue.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-02-27T02:22:52+00:00

Go to the Program Files (x86) folder and see if there is a folder called Intel. If there is, delete it and see if the problem still persists.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-02-27T01:56:04+00:00

Also check if you have any MSI software installed like MSI Dragon Center or MSI Center and uninstall it temporarily.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T00:45:42+00:00

    What do you mean install the version through the website? That’s what I did earlier through the link on intel driver support, I’ve never installed these before

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-02-27T00:47:52+00:00

    The first link is for Intel Extreme, the second is for Intel Driver Support.

    When you try to install Intel Extreme from the link I sent, do you get an error message?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments