Even with clean boot and using the MCT exe on the computer itself, it doesn't like doing an in-place upgrade. I've had this before when we tried reinstalling Windows 10, and like before, it gets to the spinning wheel after the first restart and then freezes. My current suspicion is that the VMD controller in the ASUS BIOS option is somehow locking the C: drive whenever an upgrade is happening, preventing it from seeing the drive.
This is based on the fact that if it's enabled and I'm booting from a USB, it can see the USB but not the C: drive unless VMD is disabled. Although, if it is a RAID drive as it's listed on diskpart and disabling it prevents me from booting at all until I re-enable it, this probably isn't the best lead to go on, though if there is a way of disabling it without causing issues for my computer booting up, it might be worth trying the upgrade without it.