KB5050094 Causes RDP Disconnects

Anonymous
2025-02-05T15:29:30+00:00

Since computers installed update KB5050094 we are seeing RDP connections being disconnected randomly...sometimes after a few seconds or after a few minutes. We have confirmed that it was this update which caused it by removing the update and then testing, and RDP stayed active as it did previously without any disconnects. We then reinstalled the update and the RDP disconnects started again.

We have also tested this from Macs using the Windows App, and the same users who were disconnected on their Windows systems, where not getting disconnected from the Mac (so not the server end disconnecting).

Looking online, other users are reporting the same issue so this is not specific to our network, clients or servers.

As a note these are Windows 10 and 11 systems.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-28T10:08:32+00:00

    Your solution worked like a charm. Thank you very much for sharing it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T13:03:27+00:00

    Hello everyone, I’ve found a solution that’s related to UDP in the Remote Desktop client. If you go to GPEDIT \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Remote Desktop Services \ Remote Desktop Connection Client and change the value of the rule "Turn off UDP on client" to Enabled, the disconnections should be resolved.

    I hope this helps, and sorry if it’s not written perfectly—my English isn’t the best. Cheers!

    Hey, thanks so much for sharing this workaround! I tried it, and it’s definitely helpful in stopping the RDP disconnects from being visible. It’s not a perfect fix, but it definitely makes things smoother.

    The only downside for me is that I can’t use the Remote Desktop app anymore, which I find more comfortable, but I think I’ll stick with this for now since the disconnect issue was more of a problem.

    Thanks again for sharing the solution!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T09:13:31+00:00

    thank you very much for the answer.

    the problem still exists ...
    
    We have decided to suspend these both updates (KB50500094, KB5051987) for now.
    
    To be honest, it's a disaster. It also doesn't speak for MS that it takes sooooo long to get rid of the problem.
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T15:09:01+00:00

    The only "solution" we found (and I hate calling it that as it is not a solution) has been to use some PS commands to effectively hide the updates which cause this issue after they have been uninstalled. That seems to be working for now but of course as soon as MS roll out another update which also impact RDP I expect the same issue to come back again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T15:01:27+00:00

    As of the 26th, this issue still isn't resolved. I have to uninstall both 5050094 and 5051987 in order to use RDP. Users with low RDP throughput basically cannot use RDP at all without uninstalling these updates.

    the registry edit option is a poor solution for low throughput users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments