KB5050094 Causes RDP Disconnects

Anonymous
2025-02-05T15:29:30+00:00

Since computers installed update KB5050094 we are seeing RDP connections being disconnected randomly...sometimes after a few seconds or after a few minutes. We have confirmed that it was this update which caused it by removing the update and then testing, and RDP stayed active as it did previously without any disconnects. We then reinstalled the update and the RDP disconnects started again.

We have also tested this from Macs using the Windows App, and the same users who were disconnected on their Windows systems, where not getting disconnected from the Mac (so not the server end disconnecting).

Looking online, other users are reporting the same issue so this is not specific to our network, clients or servers.

As a note these are Windows 10 and 11 systems.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-14T08:16:12+00:00

    Thanks for the tip and instructions, it worked, but I'll describe it in detail: Namely, this solution works on Win Pro, unfortunately, despite adding the Group Policy Editor script to Win Home, it still disconnects, I'll try the registry editor as others here suggest. Unfortunately, in Win HOME it is not in the registry, but adding it manually works, yup

    "fClientDisableUDP"=dword:00000001

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-13T13:42:36+00:00

    I had the same problem with the March update I did today. My WS 2012- WS-2016 RDP connections are constantly dropping. Unfortunately there is no GPEDIT because I am using Windows 11 Home Edition. I cannot turn off UDP because GPEdit is not in the OS version. Why does Microsoft want us to do it? Please go back to the way it was @Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-13T09:44:54+00:00

    I do not have KB5050094 update !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T21:55:11+00:00

    This seems to be some issue that will not be fixed by MS because WS 2012 is no longer supported.

    Anyone have best bet?

    3 months since issue surfaced and zero updates form MS...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T21:36:21+00:00

    Unfortunately problem persists in Feb 25th preview KB5052093 update and in March 11th KB5053598 update.

    Registry disable UDP on client is the most reliable workaround

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments