I am trying to install Chinese basic typing, and it doesn't want to install?

Anonymous
2025-03-04T05:18:23+00:00

I installed the Chinese language pack on my only one-month old computer, and when I try to install the "basic typing", the "handwriting", the "text-to-speech" and the "basic speech recognition", it installs in a second (because they are all 1 megabyte), then 2 seconds later, the download button appears again. What type of mess is this? This is a new computer as well so why is Windows having this weird issue?

I can't even upload an image on this website because it keeps "failing to upload".

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T10:17:47+00:00

    I'm not sure my laptop has that...

    There are two leds, one is near the charge and one on the power button, and they're both just on, not flashing

    Still restarting by the way

    Computer is also running 24H2 I think

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-05T10:32:48+00:00

    It probably hung up since it's been so for the last 30 minutes. I think the best option is to hard reboot by holding the power button on your PC until it shuts down.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T10:37:25+00:00

    Hard rebooted it, turned on fine by installing language pack still nothing has worked...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-05T10:39:15+00:00

    Is the DISM command still not running, or does it throw an error? The FOD ISO may need to be mounted again after the reboot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments