I am trying to install Chinese basic typing, and it doesn't want to install?

Anonymous
2025-03-04T05:18:23+00:00

I installed the Chinese language pack on my only one-month old computer, and when I try to install the "basic typing", the "handwriting", the "text-to-speech" and the "basic speech recognition", it installs in a second (because they are all 1 megabyte), then 2 seconds later, the download button appears again. What type of mess is this? This is a new computer as well so why is Windows having this weird issue?

I can't even upload an image on this website because it keeps "failing to upload".

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-05T09:56:25+00:00

    The batch file simply clears the WU cache and shouldn't slowdown the shutdown or restart. I suppose there is some pending update/servicing operation that causes this, but resetting WU doesn't.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T09:57:47+00:00

    Sorry what I meant was, I ran the bat file and restarted, and it is still restarting the computer.

    Should I be concerned?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-05T10:09:16+00:00

    The system may be installing an update or a feature-on-demand (like a language pack). It's normal if a servicing operation is pending. Is there any disk activity?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T10:11:30+00:00

    How do I check that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-05T10:15:20+00:00

    Look for the disk activity LED on your PC. It visually indicates when the system is actively reading or writing data from the disk. If the LED blinks continuously, you can wait some more time so the system completes pending operations and boots to the desktop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments