I am trying to install Chinese basic typing, and it doesn't want to install?

Anonymous
2025-03-04T05:18:23+00:00

I installed the Chinese language pack on my only one-month old computer, and when I try to install the "basic typing", the "handwriting", the "text-to-speech" and the "basic speech recognition", it installs in a second (because they are all 1 megabyte), then 2 seconds later, the download button appears again. What type of mess is this? This is a new computer as well so why is Windows having this weird issue?

I can't even upload an image on this website because it keeps "failing to upload".

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T07:35:58+00:00

    How do I mount the FOD?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-04T07:37:30+00:00

    Right-click on the downloaded ISO and choose "Mount". Or, select "Open with" → File Explorer.

    It will be assigned a drive letter, say F:\

    Then, run those two DISM commands.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T07:44:41+00:00

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

    Version: 10.0.26100.1150

    Image Version: 10.0.26100.2894

    Processing 1 of 1 - An error occurred - Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package Error: 0x800f0952

    Error: 0x800f0952

    DISM failed. No operation was performed.

    For more information, review the log file.

    The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-04T07:45:39+00:00

    I mentioned F:\ as an example. You need to replace "F:" with the drive letter of the mounted ISO.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments