Did that resolve the issue? More information would help.
I am trying to install Chinese basic typing, and it doesn't want to install?
I installed the Chinese language pack on my only one-month old computer, and when I try to install the "basic typing", the "handwriting", the "text-to-speech" and the "basic speech recognition", it installs in a second (because they are all 1 megabyte), then 2 seconds later, the download button appears again. What type of mess is this? This is a new computer as well so why is Windows having this weird issue?
I can't even upload an image on this website because it keeps "failing to upload".
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2025-03-04T06:31:49+00:00 The features say that they are installed, but when I try to type, they don't work. If I type in word, it will be latin characters with no bar, but word recognises somehow that I am on Chinese???
Edit: The language pack didn't install for some reason. I am installing it right now but I still don't know if it is working or not...
Edit 2: The language pack is not installing now. Everything is the opposite; before, the language pack was the one installing, and everything else no, but now the language pack isn't installing and everything else is installed...
-
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-03-04T06:39:46+00:00 Ok. Let me know if you can install it via Settings. The PowerShell output shows it's installed, anyway.
The commands worked fine here.
-
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-03-04T06:42:41+00:00 Saw your "Edit 2" just now.
You may try installing the language pack using the FOD and Language Features ISO as mentioned in my 1st post.
Download the FOD ISO:
https://software-static.download.prss.microsoft...
Mount it. Suppose the drive letter is F:, run this command:
Dism /online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\LanguagesAndOptionalFeatures\Microsoft-Windows-Client-Language-Pack_x64_zh-cn.cab" Dism /online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\LanguagesAndOptionalFeatures\Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Basic-zh-cn-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~.cab" -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more