I am trying to install Chinese basic typing, and it doesn't want to install?

Anonymous
2025-03-04T05:18:23+00:00

I installed the Chinese language pack on my only one-month old computer, and when I try to install the "basic typing", the "handwriting", the "text-to-speech" and the "basic speech recognition", it installs in a second (because they are all 1 megabyte), then 2 seconds later, the download button appears again. What type of mess is this? This is a new computer as well so why is Windows having this weird issue?

I can't even upload an image on this website because it keeps "failing to upload".

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-04T06:39:46+00:00

    Ok. Let me know if you can install it via Settings. The PowerShell output shows it's installed, anyway.

    The commands worked fine here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T06:31:49+00:00

    The features say that they are installed, but when I try to type, they don't work. If I type in word, it will be latin characters with no bar, but word recognises somehow that I am on Chinese???

    Edit: The language pack didn't install for some reason. I am installing it right now but I still don't know if it is working or not...

    Edit 2: The language pack is not installing now. Everything is the opposite; before, the language pack was the one installing, and everything else no, but now the language pack isn't installing and everything else is installed...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-04T06:25:11+00:00

    Did that resolve the issue? More information would help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T06:21:46+00:00

    Language Language Packs Language Features


    zh-CN LpCab BasicTyping, Handwriting, Speech, TextToSpeech, OCR

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-04T06:20:41+00:00

    If those commands ran without error, the zh-CN language pack and the features should be operational. Let me know if that's not the case.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments