I am trying to install Chinese basic typing, and it doesn't want to install?

Anonymous
2025-03-04T05:18:23+00:00

I installed the Chinese language pack on my only one-month old computer, and when I try to install the "basic typing", the "handwriting", the "text-to-speech" and the "basic speech recognition", it installs in a second (because they are all 1 megabyte), then 2 seconds later, the download button appears again. What type of mess is this? This is a new computer as well so why is Windows having this weird issue?

I can't even upload an image on this website because it keeps "failing to upload".

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T12:18:58+00:00

    Will try tomorrow as it is quite late.

    Also, what does resetting the update do? Is it a safe thing to do on my computer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-04T12:15:52+00:00

    And resetting Windows Update and adding the language pack via Settings?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T12:14:25+00:00

    It didn't do anything—it was just stuck on the processing

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-04T11:20:47+00:00

    Any update now? It shouldn't take more than a minute.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T08:14:33+00:00

    I ran the commands, and I'm not sure if it's working. How long is it meant to take to install it? So far it's still processing the language pack.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments