The system may be installing an update or a feature-on-demand (like a language pack). It's normal if a servicing operation is pending. Is there any disk activity?
I am trying to install Chinese basic typing, and it doesn't want to install?
I installed the Chinese language pack on my only one-month old computer, and when I try to install the "basic typing", the "handwriting", the "text-to-speech" and the "basic speech recognition", it installs in a second (because they are all 1 megabyte), then 2 seconds later, the download button appears again. What type of mess is this? This is a new computer as well so why is Windows having this weird issue?
I can't even upload an image on this website because it keeps "failing to upload".
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-03-05T09:57:47+00:00 Sorry what I meant was, I ran the bat file and restarted, and it is still restarting the computer.
Should I be concerned?
-
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-03-05T09:56:25+00:00 The batch file simply clears the WU cache and shouldn't slowdown the shutdown or restart. I suppose there is some pending update/servicing operation that causes this, but resetting WU doesn't.
-
Anonymous
2025-03-05T09:53:11+00:00 I used the bat file and restarted the computer, but it has taken more than 20 minutes to restart.
I was expecting it to take 10 minutes-ish but it is still restarting
How long is it meant to take? I wanted to do some work after but I guess not...
-
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-03-04T12:21:38+00:00 OK. Resetting Windows Update using that batch file removes any policy settings and clears the WU cache completely. After resetting WU, try to add the language pack via Settings.
Also, in a recent case, we found that a 3rd party antivirus/firewall was preventing the DISM Add-Package command from running.