I am trying to install Chinese basic typing, and it doesn't want to install?

Anonymous
2025-03-04T05:18:23+00:00

I installed the Chinese language pack on my only one-month old computer, and when I try to install the "basic typing", the "handwriting", the "text-to-speech" and the "basic speech recognition", it installs in a second (because they are all 1 megabyte), then 2 seconds later, the download button appears again. What type of mess is this? This is a new computer as well so why is Windows having this weird issue?

I can't even upload an image on this website because it keeps "failing to upload".

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T11:09:47+00:00

    C:\Windows\System32>reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Control Panel\International" /s

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Control Panel\International

    BlockCleanupOfUnusedPreinstalledLangPacks    REG\_DWORD    0x1 
    

    C:\Windows\System32>

    C:\Windows\System32>reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Servicing" /s

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Servicing

    CountryCode    REG\_SZ    AU 
    

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Servicing\FOD

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Servicing\FOD\Media.DolbyFeaturePack~~~~

    OOBEComplete    REG\_DWORD    0x0 
    

    C:\Windows\System32>

    C:\Windows\System32>reg query "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\InputMethod" /s

    ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

    C:\Windows\System32>

    C:\Windows\System32>reg query "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MUI" /s

    ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

    C:\Windows\System32>

    C:\Windows\System32>reg query "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\InputPersonalization" /s

    ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-05T11:06:25+00:00

    The notification "Some of these are managed by your organization" denotes some policies are enabled, perhaps via the registry.

    The following commands from a Command Prompt window check if there any localization-related policies in effect.

    reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Control Panel\International" /s
    
    reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Servicing" /s
    
    reg query "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\InputMethod" /s
    
    reg query "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MUI" /s
    
    reg query "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\InputPersonalization" /s
    

    If the error "ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value." occurs for a command, ignore it and run the next command.

    Post the output here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T10:54:23+00:00

    DISM commands run fine. Do you want me to mount the FOD iso again?

    Also I notice on my settings (before I had done anything) that on the language and region page it says, "Some of these are managed by your organisation", but I am not using a business or a school laptop, so I am a bit confused as to why that is there?

    If I don't reply after a long time, it is because Microsoft's website says "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again." And won't let me type for another idk minutes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-05T10:39:15+00:00

    Is the DISM command still not running, or does it throw an error? The FOD ISO may need to be mounted again after the reboot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T10:37:25+00:00

    Hard rebooted it, turned on fine by installing language pack still nothing has worked...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments