The commands are supposed to install the zh-CN language features -- Basic typing, Handwriting, OCR, and Speech recognition
I am trying to install Chinese basic typing, and it doesn't want to install?
I installed the Chinese language pack on my only one-month old computer, and when I try to install the "basic typing", the "handwriting", the "text-to-speech" and the "basic speech recognition", it installs in a second (because they are all 1 megabyte), then 2 seconds later, the download button appears again. What type of mess is this? This is a new computer as well so why is Windows having this weird issue?
I can't even upload an image on this website because it keeps "failing to upload".
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-03-04T06:00:36+00:00 What should happen after I run the commands?
C:\Windows\System32>Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.Basic~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0"
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.26100.1150
Image Version: 10.0.26100.2894
[==========================100.0%==========================]
The operation completed successfully.
C:\Windows\System32>
C:\Windows\System32>Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.Handwriting~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0"
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.26100.1150
Image Version: 10.0.26100.2894
[==========================100.0%==========================]
The operation completed successfully.
C:\Windows\System32>
C:\Windows\System32>Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.OCR~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0"
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.26100.1150
Image Version: 10.0.26100.2894
[==========================100.0%==========================]
The operation completed successfully.
C:\Windows\System32>
C:\Windows\System32>Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.Speech~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0"
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.26100.1150
Image Version: 10.0.26100.2894
[==========================100.0%==========================]
The operation completed successfully.
-
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-03-04T05:54:28+00:00 Hi, This is Ramesh.
Please try these DISM commands from the admin Command Prompt.
Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.Basic~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0" Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.Handwriting~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0" Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.OCR~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0" Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.Speech~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0" Dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:"Language.TextToSpeech~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0"Post the output here.
If that doesn't help, you can use the FOD and Language Features ISO to install the language features.
Reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...