I am trying to install Chinese basic typing, and it doesn't want to install?

Anonymous
2025-03-04T05:18:23+00:00

I installed the Chinese language pack on my only one-month old computer, and when I try to install the "basic typing", the "handwriting", the "text-to-speech" and the "basic speech recognition", it installs in a second (because they are all 1 megabyte), then 2 seconds later, the download button appears again. What type of mess is this? This is a new computer as well so why is Windows having this weird issue?

I can't even upload an image on this website because it keeps "failing to upload".

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T06:19:05+00:00

    Sorry I only just read what you said

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-04T06:17:33+00:00

    What about #1 I mentioned? Have you run it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T06:15:05+00:00

    It says that they are installed. What should I do now?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-04T06:09:39+00:00
    1. Open PowerShell admin and run: Install-Language -Language zh-CN

    Post the output.

    1. Run "dism /online /get-capabilities" and verify that these components are "Installed".

    Capability Identity : Language.Basic~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0

    State : Installed

    Capability Identity : Language.Handwriting~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0

    State : Installed

    Capability Identity : Language.OCR~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0

    State : Installed

    Capability Identity : Language.Speech~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0

    State : Installed

    Capability Identity : Language.TextToSpeech~~~zh-CN~0.0.1.0

    State : Installed


    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T06:03:42+00:00

    Nothing has so far come up

    Ok- so now the language pack itself broke and said that it is having trouble installing it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments