I am trying to install Chinese basic typing, and it doesn't want to install?

Anonymous
2025-03-04T05:18:23+00:00

I installed the Chinese language pack on my only one-month old computer, and when I try to install the "basic typing", the "handwriting", the "text-to-speech" and the "basic speech recognition", it installs in a second (because they are all 1 megabyte), then 2 seconds later, the download button appears again. What type of mess is this? This is a new computer as well so why is Windows having this weird issue?

I can't even upload an image on this website because it keeps "failing to upload".

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-03-09T12:59:34+00:00

    This worked. It actually took around 5 minutes for some reason.

    Thank you so much Ramesh!

    Great, thanks for the update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-09T02:20:04+00:00

    This worked. It actually took around 5 minutes for some reason.

    Thank you so much Ramesh!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-05T12:21:20+00:00

    Thanks for the logs. Looks like some CBS package files are missing.

    * * *

    2025-03-05 23:03:48, Error CBS Failed to resolve package 'Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~zh-CN~10.0.26100.1' [HRESULT = 0x800f0831 - CBS_E_STORE_CORRUPTION]

    * * *

    When you're back, please try this.

    Launch Settings > System > Recovery. Under "Fix problems using Windows Update", select "Reinstall now."

    This does a repair installation, keeping your files, apps, and settings.

    See:

    Fix issues by reinstalling the current version of Windows - Microsoft Support:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

    The above process might take 30 minutes or so on an SSD. It will take longer on hard disks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T12:09:47+00:00

    Logs.zip

    I hope this is correct

    Also tomorrow I don't think I'll be able to continue this problem. Maybe on Friday or Saturday

    Won't be replying probably after this hour

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-05T12:05:36+00:00

    You can add cbs.log and dism.log into a zip archive. Upload it on OneDrive and share the archive. It generates a download link automatically. Post the link here.

    Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/shar...

    OneDrive sharing options - screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/vZyxpY9

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments