I hope this is correct
Also tomorrow I don't think I'll be able to continue this problem. Maybe on Friday or Saturday
Won't be replying probably after this hour
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I installed the Chinese language pack on my only one-month old computer, and when I try to install the "basic typing", the "handwriting", the "text-to-speech" and the "basic speech recognition", it installs in a second (because they are all 1 megabyte), then 2 seconds later, the download button appears again. What type of mess is this? This is a new computer as well so why is Windows having this weird issue?
I can't even upload an image on this website because it keeps "failing to upload".
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I hope this is correct
Also tomorrow I don't think I'll be able to continue this problem. Maybe on Friday or Saturday
Won't be replying probably after this hour
You can add cbs.log and dism.log into a zip archive. Upload it on OneDrive and share the archive. It generates a download link automatically. Post the link here.
Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/shar...
OneDrive sharing options - screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/vZyxpY9
Sorry for not replying for so long.
How do you want me to share it on OneDrive?
Do you want me to post a link to a folder so that you can access it?
My mistake. There is supposed to be a $ symbol before the 1st command.
$OldList = Get-WinUserLanguageList
$OldList.Add("zh-CN")
Set-WinUserLanguageList -LanguageList $OldList
Anyway, the above set of commands doesn't help if the language pack fails to install.
If possible, share the following log files on OneDrive:
c:\windows\logs\dism\dism.log
c:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log
Let's see what's preventing the FOD from installing correctly.
Sorry, what do you mean does it show up correctly?
It was always here, just isn't downloading correctly.
OldList : The term 'OldList' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (OldList:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.
At line:3 char:1
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [], RuntimeException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull
Set-WinUserLanguageList : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'LanguageList' because it is null.
At line:5 char:39
~~~~~~~~