Sumit,
I deleted the "Intel Smart Sound Technology OED" driver and restarted. I now have audio through my speakers and the headphone jack. USB audio is still functioning as well. The Realtek driver and console functionality have reappeared. This is some very nice progress.
However, an entry appeared in Device Manager for:
"Intel Smart Sound Technology Detection Verification"
Device status says:
"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful."
I don't know if this is a concern. Please advise. fixed
Should I attempt another 24H2 update or should I proceed with the deletion of the Display Drivers?
Speaking of Display Drivers, am I correct in saying that the Display Drivers you wish me to remove are under the "Display Adapters" entry? These are:
"Intel(R) UHD Graphics"
"NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU"
I understand that a "display adapter" is a "graphics card". I'm probably just a little paranoid right now about screwing anything up.
One final issue: On startup my computer has suddenly started asking me to "Choose an operating system". The default choice loads my familiar desktop. I don't yet know what the other choice does. Here's a photo.
[~~Choose\_an\_OS.jpg~~](https://1drv.ms/i/s!AoSq0tKGMyyqkSIzx6C02gL_CAdL?e=QDV7Kv "1drv.ms") fixed
Thank you so much for your help with this.