Hi ,
I apologize, select the option Add Printer Using IP Address > Select TCP/IP .
Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Just reinstalled Windows 10, everything went pretty well except the printer. The printer is a HP 4000 TN, Windows wouldn't install it. Tried an HP generic print driver as well as an old HP LJ4000 driver set, neither worked,
I installed the printer on Windows 10 about 7 years ago, unfortunately don't remember how I did it.
Anyone have any ideas?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi ,
I apologize, select the option Add Printer Using IP Address > Select TCP/IP .
Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks
Hi ,
Press Win + I to open Settings and select Devices > Printers and Scanners.
Click “Add Printer or Scanner”.
When the system prompts “Printer not found”, click “The printer I need is not in the list.
Select “Add a printer by TCP/IP address or host name” and click Next.
Select “TCP/IP Device” for the device type.
Enter the IP address of the printer (e.g. 192.168.1.100).
Uncheck “Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use” (to avoid automatic detection failure), click Next.
You need to install the driver manually
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/print...
Click “Install from Disk”, browse and select the driver file downloaded from the official website (you need to download it from the brand's website in advance).
Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks
Hi ,
I apologize, the printer uses an LPTP connection along with a network input, now I understand.
Are you using a cat5 cable to connect to the computer?
If possible, leave the printer connected directly to the router or modem so we can configure it via the network.
Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks
It is now connected to the router.
Hi ,
I believe that the printer must have a manual IP
On the printer's LED, you will access Menu > CFG Network > CFG TCP IP = Yes > DHCP = YES, Restart the printer, go back to the settings, look for IP Byte, it will have 1 to 4, write down the number it took.
Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks