Hello,
I tried uninstalling the drivers and ran the update (with the other drives disabled), it failed like the previous tries. Here is the SetupDiag file.
Thanks!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello! I've been attempting to upgrade (my unsupported (CPU is 1 gen too old)) computer to Windows 11. So I mount the ISO, go through the setup as usual. It says it's installing, I leave it (with sleep off). Then, when I return and restart the computer it brings me to the boot selection screen showing 'Windows 10' and 2 (yes, I tried twice) 'Windows 11 (Mounted On Volume 11)'. The computer is a Dell Inspiron 5675 (1600X, RX570), I have added an extra 1 TB SSD to the original 128GB SSD/1TB HDD. Both of the old drives are in there, the 128GB is the old system drive and still has everything on it. The 1TB is used for data storage.
I can't seem to find anything online about this.
Do these disks have anything to do with the problem? And how can I fix it? Thanks in advance!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
I tried uninstalling the drivers and ran the update (with the other drives disabled), it failed like the previous tries. Here is the SetupDiag file.
Thanks!
BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
BSOD - Posting Instructions | Windows 11 Forum (elevenforum.com)
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/136792-change-display-language-windows-10-a.html#option1
https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...-files-use-bsod-debugging-tuneup_plus_log.bat
Batch files for use in BSOD debugging - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
Batch files for use in BSOD debugging - Windows 10 Forums
Batch files for use in BSOD debugging - Windows 10 Help Forums
Batch files for use in BSOD debugging - Windows 10 Help Forums
schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"
reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\TargetVersionUpgradeExperienceIndicators" /s
Post a share link using drop box or google drive.
For share links please use drop box or google drive.
Make sure that links are available without sign in.
https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2424384?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop
Hello,
The rollback occurred at the same state as before: Remove System Restore checkpoints with the same generic error code, 0xC1900101-0x20017.
However, upon analyzing the SetupDiag XML and reading more Microsoft Learn documentation, I was able to find a little more of the error and what it means.
The code 0xC1900101 means that modern setup host (mosetup) failed with an unknown reason (generic rollback code), but the extend code, 0x20017 means that the operation failed in the SafeOS phase of the upgrade and failed during SP_EXECUTION_OP_BOOT.
Again, these are generic errors that could mean anything.
If you have any restore points on your system, delete all but the most recent one and try the upgrade again.
If that doesn't work for you, please follow this tutorial on how to perform a clean boot and then run the Windows 11 ISO that way and see if you can upgrade.
Let me know how this goes.
Hello, (sorry for the late reply)
So, the first one failed, like all the others did. The second one also failed, but differently. The second one must have updated the computer, but it was then stuck in a looping, looping into some dell software checker or something. After forcing a shutdown, and turning it on, it began reverting itself back, and did so successfully. What might have caused this? Thanks in advance!
When available please update the progress with the steps in the prior post (1 - 4).