Windows 11 Install Fails, But In An Odd Way

Anonymous
2025-03-04T09:08:54+00:00

Hello! I've been attempting to upgrade (my unsupported (CPU is 1 gen too old)) computer to Windows 11. So I mount the ISO, go through the setup as usual. It says it's installing, I leave it (with sleep off). Then, when I return and restart the computer it brings me to the boot selection screen showing 'Windows 10' and 2 (yes, I tried twice) 'Windows 11 (Mounted On Volume 11)'. The computer is a Dell Inspiron 5675 (1600X, RX570), I have added an extra 1 TB SSD to the original 128GB SSD/1TB HDD. Both of the old drives are in there, the 128GB is the old system drive and still has everything on it. The 1TB is used for data storage.

I can't seem to find anything online about this.

Do these disks have anything to do with the problem? And how can I fix it? Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Other | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-15T13:24:38+00:00

    Hello,

    So, as you can see, it worked better. Now the installer is actually throwing up an error. I looked under troubleshooting, it basically said do what I've already done. What does this mean? And how can I fix it? Thanks again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-12T18:21:01+00:00

    Hello,

    I wanted to see if Bitdefender was preventing the upgrade to Windows 11. Windows has its built-in antivirus (which works great if you're not downloading malicious files and things like that), but if you're not comfortable uninstalling Bitdefender, I understand that :)

    You can follow this Bitdefender tutorial on how to turn it off temporarily.

    After you do that, see if Windows can upgrade successfully.

    Let me know how this goes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-10T00:25:03+00:00

    Hello,

    Is there any way that does not require uninstalling Bitdefender? As in, is there any way to 'turn it off' and bypass it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-09T04:21:47+00:00

    Please share your Farbar scan logs for analysis.

    1. Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64-bit (FRST64.exe)

    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

    (or)

    https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbst-frst64

    Note: If Microsoft Edge or Chrome mislabels the Farbar Scanner executable as PUA/malware, choose to keep it by tapping … in the bottom bar, choosing Keep, and then choosing Keep anyway in the dialog that appears.

    See this screenshot: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/media/microsoft-edge-security-download-interruptions/dowload-was-blocked.png. It's a safe tool used in most antimalware forums.

    1. If the OS language is not English, rename FRST64.exe to FRST64English.exe.
    2. Run the program. Don't check or uncheck any options. Click "Scan".
    3. Add the two logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt, to a Zip archive, share them on OneDrive or GoFile.io and post the link here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-09T01:58:14+00:00

    The attempted download displayed:

    Do you need to download more than a few files at a time? No problem! Upgrade to a MediaFire Premiumaccount to gain access to features like Bulk-Download.

    Bulk-Download combines all the files and folders you want to download into one easy to download Zip file. That way, all you need to download is that one, saving you tons of time and making downloading things like entire photo galleries or hundreds of work documents a breeze!

    We’re sorry, this error has been recorded.
    Please retry your download later.

    For share links please use drop box or google drive.

    Make sure that links are available without sign in.

    https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2424384?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments