Windows 11 Install Fails, But In An Odd Way

Anonymous
2025-03-04T09:08:54+00:00

Hello! I've been attempting to upgrade (my unsupported (CPU is 1 gen too old)) computer to Windows 11. So I mount the ISO, go through the setup as usual. It says it's installing, I leave it (with sleep off). Then, when I return and restart the computer it brings me to the boot selection screen showing 'Windows 10' and 2 (yes, I tried twice) 'Windows 11 (Mounted On Volume 11)'. The computer is a Dell Inspiron 5675 (1600X, RX570), I have added an extra 1 TB SSD to the original 128GB SSD/1TB HDD. Both of the old drives are in there, the 128GB is the old system drive and still has everything on it. The 1TB is used for data storage.

I can't seem to find anything online about this.

Do these disks have anything to do with the problem? And how can I fix it? Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Other | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-08T21:46:21+00:00

    This evening I'll be able to view the V2 link. Can you log onto to Ten Forums to run the protected scripts? What happened with the commands?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-08T13:27:36+00:00

    Hello,

    The rollback error was the same (0xc1900101-0x20017).

    If you haven't already, please uninstall Bitdefender and try the upgrade again.

    Also, looking at the links you sent to questions_ (the fourth one to be exact), had a minidump inside it and had the cause of the BSOD as your hardware (RAM). Please run Memtest86 with at least 4 passes and then share the results here.

    If nothing seems to work, I recommend that you clean install Windows 11. It might result in the loss of data (make sure to back up your PC beforehand), but it's usually failsafe and you should be able to install Windows 11 properly.

    Let me know how this goes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-07T09:57:33+00:00

    Hello,

    Only 1 would download. So here are 1 and 4.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-07T09:37:07+00:00

    Hello,

    Here it is. Thanks again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-30T20:01:37+00:00

    Hello,

    If you could run setupdiag again using the parameters from before, that would be lovely :)

    That way, I can see what happened this time.

    Let me know how this goes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments