Almoristics service virus

Anonymous
2025-04-08T07:58:41+00:00

I have what I'm pretty sure is a virus called almoristics service. I have tried Malwarebytes, a windows defender offline scan and manually deleting things, but cant seem to get it to go away. Any suggestions? I would prefer not to reinstall Windows as I'm not sure how to.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-08T08:02:15+00:00

    Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64-bit (FRST64.exe)

    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

    Note: If Microsoft Edge or Chrome mislabels the Farbar Scanner executable as PUA/malware, choose to keep it by tapping … in the bottom bar, choosing Keep, and then choosing Keep anyway in the dialog that appears.

    See this screenshot: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/media/microsoft-edge-security-download-interruptions/dowload-was-blocked.png. It's a safe tool used in most antimalware forums.

    Rename FRST64.exe to FRST64English.exe.

    Run the program. Don't modify any options. Click "Scan".

    Add the two logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt, to a Zip archive, upload them to GoFile.io and share the link here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-08T08:38:00+00:00

    A Farbar "scan" doesn't fix anything.

    A fixlist script must be prepared based on the scan logs to remove the infection.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-01T14:08:17+00:00

    io inizialmente ho provato anche io a eliminarlo manualmente ma non c'è modo di farlo, devi reinstallare windows andando sulle impostazioni e fare ripristino dati di fabbrica , però prima fai un backup, in questa maniera avrai tolto il virus al 100% , io almeno ho fatto cosi poi non so se ci sono altri metodi più facili, potresti provare ad usare bitdefender per eliminare almoristics service ma non so se lo toglierà sicuramente, provaci

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. quietman7 MVP Alumni 19,830 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-05-01T21:54:19+00:00

    GOOGLE Translation of Basilio Germanà's post

    Quote

    I initially also tried to delete it manually but there is no way to do it, you have to reinstall Windows by going to settings and doing a factory reset, but first do a backup, this way you will have removed the virus 100%, at least I did it like this then I don't know if there are other easier methods, you could try using Bitdefender to delete Almoristics Service but I don't know if it will definitely remove it, try it

    Actually if the victim just follow's Ramesh Srinivasan [VM]'s instructions, most likely they will not need to resort to such action.

    In realtà, se la vittima seguisse semplicemente le istruzioni di Ramesh Srinivasan, molto probabilmente non avrebbe bisogno di ricorrere a tale azione.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments