Almoristics service virus

Anonymous
2025-04-08T07:58:41+00:00

I have what I'm pretty sure is a virus called almoristics service. I have tried Malwarebytes, a windows defender offline scan and manually deleting things, but cant seem to get it to go away. Any suggestions? I would prefer not to reinstall Windows as I'm not sure how to.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-08T08:02:15+00:00

    Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64-bit (FRST64.exe)

    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

    Note: If Microsoft Edge or Chrome mislabels the Farbar Scanner executable as PUA/malware, choose to keep it by tapping … in the bottom bar, choosing Keep, and then choosing Keep anyway in the dialog that appears.

    See this screenshot: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/media/microsoft-edge-security-download-interruptions/dowload-was-blocked.png. It's a safe tool used in most antimalware forums.

    Rename FRST64.exe to FRST64English.exe.

    Run the program. Don't modify any options. Click "Scan".

    Add the two logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt, to a Zip archive, upload them to GoFile.io and share the link here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-08T08:38:00+00:00

    A Farbar "scan" doesn't fix anything.

    A fixlist script must be prepared based on the scan logs to remove the infection.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-05-08T17:22:33+00:00

    You're welcome.

    (If you ran that fixlist, please post the fixlog.txt file.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-05-08T16:31:03+00:00

    Hello Sir,

    I recently found the Almoristics Application in my pc. I didn't know what it was before so i uninstalled it through the control panel. When I googled it, I found out it was a virus and now i found your comment. I did the steps you mentioned above and the download link is provided below.

    Link- https://gofile.io/d/kMNYFF

    Please help me solve this problem. I shall forever be grateful.

    @Stevee M

    The system is fine. Nothing suspicious was found. You can run the fixlist below to cleanup orphaned startup items and reset the Defender configuration.

    • Download fixlist.txt (temporary link removed)
    • Save Fixlist.txt to the same folder as FRST64English.exe.
    • Close all programs.
    • Launch the Farbar Scanner tool and click "Fix".
    • Restart Windows when prompted.
    • Upload the output log file (FixLog.txt) to your OneDrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-05-06T17:20:04+00:00

    You're welcome.

    Please empty the Recycle Bin. Then, use this command to clear its store folder to get rid of the deleted PUAs.

    rd /s /q C:$recycle.bin

    The Farbar logs and the C:\FRST folder can be deleted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments