startup repair couldn't repair your PC

Anonymous
2025-04-21T15:46:32+00:00

I rebooted the computer and got the auto repair attempt then went into advanced and tried the start up repair. no success.

put in the clone that I had made and just for a little insurance, cloned the clone onto a brand new ssd. used the clone fine all day. booting up the computer gave me the same issue on the 2nd hard drive. put the 3rd clone in and within 24 hours I have 3 separate hard drives that will not boot, all with the same error.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-21T17:24:55+00:00

    Because this has happened to 3 Windows installations, have you checked for any BIOS update that may be available and not yet installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T17:18:17+00:00

    On the first drive, i tried restore to a previous day and uninstall last update. i tried the fix boot and got access denied

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-21T16:19:22+00:00

    Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    It is very strange for 3 versions of Windows to be producing the same start-up errors.

    You indicate you have tried the Startup Repair option in the recovery environment, have you tried any other recovery options, like uninstalling the latest Windows update, System Restore and accessing Safe Mode?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments