startup repair couldn't repair your PC

Anonymous
2025-04-21T15:46:32+00:00

I rebooted the computer and got the auto repair attempt then went into advanced and tried the start up repair. no success.

put in the clone that I had made and just for a little insurance, cloned the clone onto a brand new ssd. used the clone fine all day. booting up the computer gave me the same issue on the 2nd hard drive. put the 3rd clone in and within 24 hours I have 3 separate hard drives that will not boot, all with the same error.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-22T16:38:15+00:00

    I can boot now but every time I have to hit F8 and choose 7 which is disable signature

    its this issue: windows/system32\drivers\hdsaver.sys

    i even clicked the file and told it to install certificate but I get that every boot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-21T17:57:22+00:00

    Okay, that is probably a good idea too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T17:56:10+00:00

    The only reason why I don't think it is bios or pc hardware is I took the hard drive and put it into a different pc and I have the same issue. I am running malwarebytes to make sure we didnt get any virus or trojan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-21T17:49:27+00:00

    If you have managed to boot into one of the Windows installations, the best option would be to perform an in-place repair with the Windows 10 ISO to stabilise that Windows installation.

    Please follow the steps, this is then not like re-installing Windows, it is just like an update and your personal files, settings and installed software will not be affected.

    Click this link:

    https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win...

    to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), then choose ISO, not USB

    When the ISO file completes downloading

    Disconnect from the Internet

    Disconnect all external devices with the exception of a mouse or keyboard.

    Temporarily disable any 3rd party Anti-virus you may have installed

    Then, in Windows File Explorer, double click the ISO and then run Setup.exe and select the Install option.

    Very Important - ensure you select the option to keep your files and apps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T17:43:03+00:00

    I just was able to get one of the drives to boot. Let me know if there are any scans or info I can collect that may lead to fixing the other two or at least getting this one golden and cloning to the others.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments