Oddly this hard drive will not show when I connect with external ssd tray. I can see it in disk management but thats it.
startup repair couldn't repair your PC
I rebooted the computer and got the auto repair attempt then went into advanced and tried the start up repair. no success.
put in the clone that I had made and just for a little insurance, cloned the clone onto a brand new ssd. used the clone fine all day. booting up the computer gave me the same issue on the 2nd hard drive. put the 3rd clone in and within 24 hours I have 3 separate hard drives that will not boot, all with the same error.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-04-23T13:42:07+00:00 -
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-04-23T13:25:09+00:00 Okay, please do try that to rename that file back to its original name, but renaming that file should not stop Windows booting up, it is not a system file, your Windows system may be very corrupt.
-
Anonymous
2025-04-23T13:22:33+00:00 when I try to go to recovery environment option, I get boot configuration data doesn't contain valid info for an operating system
-
Anonymous
2025-04-23T13:21:24+00:00 I was thinking about putting this hard drive in my main machine as a removable drive and try to rename that one file back
-
Anonymous
2025-04-23T13:20:26+00:00 Ok did that, startup repair could not fix
restore said to reboot and choose an operating system, which I can never get to that
now on boot I get a blue recovery screen that has the options for recovery environment, startup settings and uefi firmware
I choose F8 and choose safe mode
it just goes back to the bsod inaccessable boot device