I did these just now and everything says no issues
sfc /scannow
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
sfc /scannow
chkdsk /scan
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I rebooted the computer and got the auto repair attempt then went into advanced and tried the start up repair. no success.
put in the clone that I had made and just for a little insurance, cloned the clone onto a brand new ssd. used the clone fine all day. booting up the computer gave me the same issue on the 2nd hard drive. put the 3rd clone in and within 24 hours I have 3 separate hard drives that will not boot, all with the same error.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I did these just now and everything says no issues
sfc /scannow
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
sfc /scannow
chkdsk /scan
That is the only available option to repair your Windows installation with the ISO, I suppose you have already run the usual two commands (sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth) in Command Prompt.
Ok, I used the ISO, ran the exe from windows, chose to keep files and apps.
It did its thing, said it would restart shortly and then said Windows 10 installation has failed
If you are able to get into Windows, you can use the method I previously provided with the Windows 10 ISO to perform an in-place repair.
Did you perform those steps?
Lets say I backup my data, just in case. Is there a repair install option. There is a lot of software on this I would have to reinstall and some of it I don't have the product keys for