there are 4 tabs do you want each
startup repair couldn't repair your PC
I rebooted the computer and got the auto repair attempt then went into advanced and tried the start up repair. no success.
put in the clone that I had made and just for a little insurance, cloned the clone onto a brand new ssd. used the clone fine all day. booting up the computer gave me the same issue on the 2nd hard drive. put the 3rd clone in and within 24 hours I have 3 separate hard drives that will not boot, all with the same error.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-04-22T18:06:21+00:00 -
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-04-22T17:11:42+00:00 Open File Explorer.
Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers
Find the hdsaver.sys file
Right click that file and select Properties.
On the resulting dialog, select the Display tab, please provide a screenshot of that Details tab.
-
Anonymous
2025-04-22T16:58:36+00:00 How can I get that error to go away?
-
Anonymous
2025-04-22T16:57:01+00:00 Yes, on my current surrogate pc I did do a bios update. should I try also on the original pc that they crashed on?
-
Anonymous
2025-04-22T16:55:32+00:00 We have HP color and B&W laser and USB scanner