I cannot update my system.it keeps saying failed no matter how many times i press retry

Anonymous
2025-04-22T16:56:27+00:00

I cannot update my system.it keeps saying update failed no matter how many times i press retry.My mousepad is also not working,and i am thinking that this might be due to the system update fail

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-25T19:22:42+00:00

    You can reuse the same ISO you previously downloaded, but if you'd prefer to download it again, that's perfectly fine.

    To delete the ISO, treat it like any other file: right-click on it and select "Delete". Keep in mind, if the ISO is still mounted, you won't be able to delete it right away. In that case, locate the mounted ISO in File Explorer, right-click on it, and choose "Eject" before attempting to delete it.

    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-26T06:37:16+00:00

    Thanks,i just finished updating my windows but 2 problems still remain:

    my mousepad still wont work

    when installing a game,it showed this page:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-26T13:35:43+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    A mousepad is typically a surface used for positioning and moving a mouse. Could it be that you meant "touchpad"?

    If you did indeed mean mousepad, would you be able to share a photo to help clarify?

    Also, please share a screenshot of your system information.

    • Press "Windows + R", type msinfo32 and press Enter.

    Maximize the window and use the shortcut "Windows + Shift + S" to use the screenshot tool.

    Regarding the issue with installing the game, I recommend reaching out to the game developer to report the problem. Since they provided the installer, they are the best source of support for resolving this issue.

    Don't worry. I will continue to help you with the other issue here.

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-26T16:54:58+00:00

    sorry i meant touchpad

    this is the screenshot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-27T13:07:26+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.
    Thanks for the screenshot.

    The problem you are having with the Touchpad seems to be driver-related. However, when I looked at the drivers provided by Acer for your laptop, I couldn't find the touchpad driver, but the website has the following note, "Before installing the Touchpad driver, please install the Serial I/O driver first." That's odd. There should be drivers for Serial I/O and Touchpad on the Acer website.
    Source: https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-supp...

    Please open the Device Manager (Press "Windows + X" and select "Device Manager") and see if there are any devices labeled "Unknown Device" or with warning signs. Click the arrow to the left of each category icon to expand it and see the devices it contains.
    Share a screenshot of what you find.
    Use the shortcut "Windows + Shift + S" to use the screenshot tool.

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There is a link to a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments