i think it wasnt successfull cause it displays an error after i type the command.
I cannot update my system.it keeps saying failed no matter how many times i press retry
I cannot update my system.it keeps saying update failed no matter how many times i press retry.My mousepad is also not working,and i am thinking that this might be due to the system update fail
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2025-04-23T14:43:11+00:00 -
David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-04-23T14:59:00+00:00 You did not enter the commands correctly. Pay attention to the spaces in the commands.
If you prefer, copy the commands and paste them into the CMD. To paste the commands, right-click inside the CMD window or press "Ctrl + V".
The command you entered was this: (Missing spaces)
dism.exe/online/cleanup-image/scanhealth
The correct command is this:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
Kindly repeat the procedure, ensuring the commands are entered correctly this time, and check if you're able to update Windows.
If the problem persists, let me know, and I will provide another method. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
Feel free to ask back any questions.
-
Anonymous
2025-04-23T15:16:27+00:00 i finished entering the command correctly this time and have restarted my pc,but the problem still persist
-
David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-04-23T16:58:38+00:00 Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.
Do you have a third-party antivirus installed?
If yes, which one?
I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
-
Anonymous
2025-04-24T01:32:28+00:00 the only anti virus i have is microsoft defender