i think it wasnt successfull cause it displays an error after i type the command.
I cannot update my system.it keeps saying failed no matter how many times i press retry
I cannot update my system.it keeps saying update failed no matter how many times i press retry.My mousepad is also not working,and i am thinking that this might be due to the system update fail
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-04-23T14:43:11+00:00 -
David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-04-23T14:29:45+00:00 Thanks for the clarification.
I suspect a corruption issue.
In this case, use the system file checker to try to repair possible corrupted system files.
- Open Start and type cmd, right-click on "Command Prompt", and select "Run as administrator".
- Run the following commands at the Command Prompt one at a time:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
sfc /scannow
Note: Pay close attention to the results of the commands. This will help you determine whether the procedure was completed successfully or if there was a problem. If you get any errors, let me know the error message that was displayed.
- Then restart your PC and see if you can update.
If the problem persists, let me know, and I will provide another method. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
Feel free to ask back any questions.
-
David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-04-23T14:09:16+00:00 Thanks for the clarification.
You have found the cause of the issue.
Although it looks like a permissions issue, it is most likely a corruption issue.
However, I suggest trying the Windows Update Troubleshooter if you haven't already tried. It may give more clues or even fix the problem.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win...
Let me know the result, or if you have already tried the troubleshooter, let me know, and I will proceed. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
Feel free to ask back any questions.