I cannot update my system.it keeps saying failed no matter how many times i press retry

Anonymous
2025-04-22T16:56:27+00:00

I cannot update my system.it keeps saying update failed no matter how many times i press retry.My mousepad is also not working,and i am thinking that this might be due to the system update fail

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-29T02:04:00+00:00

    screen shots of both device

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-28T16:40:29+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    Thanks for the screenshot.

    Both devices have the same name. Unfortunately, there is no way to identify which one is the Touchpad without the Hardware IDs.

    Please get the Hardware IDs of these devices.

    1. Double-click on the device to open the properties window.
    2. Select the "Details" tab;
    3. Under "Property", change the selection to "Hardware IDs".

    Share the Hardware IDs in the Value field. You can right-click on the ID and select "Copy". Or share a screenshot.

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T14:20:55+00:00

    i just expanded all the catergories and theres no warning sign

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-28T11:56:28+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    Did you expand each category to check if any device had a warning sign?

    The device with a warning sign is not always highlighted without expanding the category in which it is found.

    If you have expanded all categories and no devices have a warning sign, please share a screenshot of the devices under the "Mice and other pointing devices" category.

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T15:14:23+00:00

    i dont think there is any device named unknwon device or with waining signs

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments