I cannot update my system.it keeps saying failed no matter how many times i press retry

Anonymous
2025-04-22T16:56:27+00:00

I cannot update my system.it keeps saying update failed no matter how many times i press retry.My mousepad is also not working,and i am thinking that this might be due to the system update fail

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-28T11:56:28+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    Did you expand each category to check if any device had a warning sign?

    The device with a warning sign is not always highlighted without expanding the category in which it is found.

    If you have expanded all categories and no devices have a warning sign, please share a screenshot of the devices under the "Mice and other pointing devices" category.

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T15:14:23+00:00

    i dont think there is any device named unknwon device or with waining signs

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-27T13:07:26+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.
    Thanks for the screenshot.

    The problem you are having with the Touchpad seems to be driver-related. However, when I looked at the drivers provided by Acer for your laptop, I couldn't find the touchpad driver, but the website has the following note, "Before installing the Touchpad driver, please install the Serial I/O driver first." That's odd. There should be drivers for Serial I/O and Touchpad on the Acer website.
    Source: https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-supp...

    Please open the Device Manager (Press "Windows + X" and select "Device Manager") and see if there are any devices labeled "Unknown Device" or with warning signs. Click the arrow to the left of each category icon to expand it and see the devices it contains.
    Share a screenshot of what you find.
    Use the shortcut "Windows + Shift + S" to use the screenshot tool.

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There is a link to a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-26T16:54:58+00:00

    sorry i meant touchpad

    this is the screenshot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments