I cannot update my system.it keeps saying failed no matter how many times i press retry

Anonymous
2025-04-22T16:56:27+00:00

I cannot update my system.it keeps saying update failed no matter how many times i press retry.My mousepad is also not working,and i am thinking that this might be due to the system update fail

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-30T16:43:50+00:00

    Thanks for the clarification.

    If you don't mind, consider clicking "Yes" on the answer that helped you resolve the update issue.

    Indicating the answer that helped you helps other users who come to this thread with a similar question.

    Best regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-29T18:06:09+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    In this case, the problem is not software. Unfortunately, it is a hardware-related issue.

    It could be a problem with the Touchpad itself or with the flat cable that connects it to the device's motherboard.

    I suggest you consult a technician you trust or the manufacturer's authorized support to check your laptop's Touchpad.

    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T10:08:03+00:00

    os build and version of windows

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T10:06:51+00:00

    update history

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-22T17:29:10+00:00

    Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.

    Please provide more details about the issue you are experiencing when trying to update Windows.

    Are you getting an error code? If yes, which one?

    If it is a specific update, let me know the KB number of the update displaying the error.

    If you don't get an error code, see the update history.

    • Press "Windows + I" and select "Windows Update > Update history".

    If you prefer, share a screenshot. Use the shortcut "Windows + Shift + S" to use the screenshot tool.

    Also. What is the version and "OS Build" of your Windows 11?

    • Press "Windows + R", type winver, and click OK.

    If you prefer, share a screenshot.

    Be sure to censor your email address if it appears. The Microsoft Community is public.

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments