When I turn on my computer, I get a blue screen with Bad System Config Info error and it keeps restarting and going to that same screen.

Anonymous
2025-04-26T22:10:39+00:00

I've tried turning it off and on repeatedly to get to the system repair screen but that doesn't work, so I'm stuck in it just keep restarting and going back to this blue screen. The screen says: "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." Stop code is BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO The error comes up as Windows is loading after the Dell logo appears. This error came up after the computer used to load the Dell logo and then go to a blank screen. I tried resetting the Bios and putting it back to a previous state and neither worked. I also tried manually resetting the clock. I did a hardware diagnosis and that all came back clear. I called Dell and they said I needed to wipe my computer to it's original state because it's a Windows issue. I unplugged the computer for a bit and then when I turned it back on, I now get this blue screen showing up, restarting and showing up repeatedly. I tried hitting F12 to get it to the screen where I can do diagnosis tests, but that doesn't work either.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Manoel Barros 22,030 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-04-28T01:59:53+00:00

Thanks for your feedback!

To make things faster, you can format your disk. Since you have your important data saved in the cloud, you can follow the steps below:

  1. On the "Select location to install Windows 11" screen, open the terminal again by pressing SHIFT + F10 and type the commands below (in sequence):

diskpart

list disk

sel disk 0

clean

convert gpt

exit

exit

  1. Click Refresh > Select the formatted and cleaned Disk 0 > Click Next > Install Windows 11.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Manoel Barros 22,030 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-27T00:02:45+00:00

    Is your USB Flash Drive from Kingston?

    I think the UEFI Kingston DataTraveler should be your USB Flash Drive, and the UEFI RST BM9C1 Samsung 1024GB (1TB) should be your SSD.\

    Uncheck all options and leave only UEFI Kingston DataTraveler checked > Save and Exit > See if you can access the Installation Menu.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T00:05:56+00:00

    Yes, the Kingston is the flash drive and the 1024GB is my hard drive. What is the installation menu? The file that's on the flash drive?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T00:09:02+00:00

    I unchecked all besides the Kingston and hit "Apply Changes." I haven't hit "Exit" yet, but when I've hit that in the past, it usually restarts the computer. Is that when I would hit the power button again if the blue screen comes up again in hopes of getting to the Recovery Environment?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Manoel Barros 22,030 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-27T00:11:19+00:00

    No, now that you have selected the Flash Drive, you must click Exit and wait.

    You will be redirected to an Installation Menu (Image Attached).\

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments